Almara Sepanian, at Aghabegian & Associates, is a reputed personal injury lawyer with several years of experience and an exceptional track record. Almara is a renowned injury attorney in Glendale with numerous positive reviews and impeccable negotiation skills.
Could I claim compensation for my injuries if I am partly responsible for the accident?
California follows the comparative negligence rule, which means the court will reduce the damages you receive in a personal injury lawsuit by the percentage of your fault. For instance, if you are 20% at fault for an accident and the other party is 80% liable for your injuries, you can recover 80% of the fair compensation.
If you have any fault for the accident, the insurance adjuster will bring it up during the settlement talks and reduce your compensation accordingly. Working with a reputed and experienced attorney can assign an appropriate percentage of fault for your carelessness and protect your rights during negotiations.
Top reasons to hire a personal injury lawyer
If handling the legal aspects of your accident intimidates you, you should hire an injury attorney. They will not only leave you with time to focus on your recovery but can ensure a higher settlement and quicker resolution. Here's why hiring a personal injury attorney in Glendale is a must:
- While you may be dealing with the trauma after an accident, an attorney can evaluate and assess your case objectively and deal with the law enforcement, insurance companies, and your defendant.
- If your case goes to court, a lawyer can build a strong case on your behalf and optimize your chances of receiving a higher compensation or award.
- They can direct you to a medical specialist and help you receive an accurate diagnosis for your injuries.
A personal injury attorney will also investigate your case, gather evidence, interview witnesses, and help you understand the liability laws in California. Not to mention, they have their way around the local courts, which can help expedite your claims process.
How do I prove liability in an accident?
You don't need legal proof in the initial stages as you will be making your case to the insurance adjuster and not a judge or jury. You will negotiate with the insurance company over phone calls and letters and explain how their client's negligence caused your injuries. You only have to make a reasonable argument in plain language and prepare to handle plausible arguments from the other side.
The insurance company will analyze the accident details and determine who was at fault for the accident. Once the adjuster realizes that their client is at fault for your injuries, they will pay you a reasonable claim. Also, most insurance adjusters do not want the matter to wind up in court or face a personal injury lawsuit. Hence, craft a good argument with the insurance adjuster to receive a reasonable settlement within a short duration.
We can bring justice for your injuries and losses from the at-fault parties. Contact us at (818) 975-3325 to assess the prospects of your case with the #1 personal injury lawyer in Glendale, Almara Sepanian. Aghabegian & Associates has helped several personal injury victims regain their confidence and financial independence with unsurpassed legal representation.