One of the biggest mistakes that victims make that harms their personal injury claims is to talk with the insurance companies following the accident.
The best thing you can do before talking with an insurance company is to consult an experienced personal injury lawyer in El Monte, CA.
Aghabegian & Associates can provide you with the legal advice you need to help your claim prosper.
10 Reasons You Should NEVER TALK TO THE INSURANCE COMPANIES Following an Accident
1) The insurance company is not your friend.
The insurance company is not looking out for your best interests following an accident. Their goal is to settle your claim for as little money as possible, regardless of the actual damages you may have incurred.
2) The insurance adjuster is not on your side.
The insurance adjuster’s job is to save the insurance company money. They are trained to ask questions that may lead you to say something that could be used against you later.
3) You are not required to give a recorded statement.
You are not required to give a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company following an accident. In fact, it is usually in your best interest not to give one. Speak with a personal injury lawyer in El Monte, CA for legal advice.
4) Anything you say can and will be used against you.
Anything you say to the other driver’s insurance company can be used against you later. Even if you think you are being helpful or honest, anything you say could be twisted and used against you.
5) You do not need to sign anything right away.
If the other driver’s insurance company asks you to sign something, it is probably in their best interest, not yours. Make sure you understand what you are signing before you do so.
6) You should never accept the first settlement offer.
The first settlement offer from the other driver’s insurance company is almost always too low. If you accept it, you will likely end up having to pay for some of your own damages out of pocket. Always have an attorney review any settlement offer before accepting it.
7) You should never give a statement without consulting an attorney first.
Your attorney will advise you on what information you should and should not share with the other driver’s insurance company.
8) An experienced car accident attorney will know how much your case is worth and will fight for every dollar that you deserve.
They will also be able to negotiate with the other driver’s insurance company on your behalf in order to get the best possible settlement.
9) Hiring an experienced personal injury attorney in El Monte, CA costs nothing upfront.
Hiring an experienced car accident attorney costs nothing upfront. You will only owe them a percentage of the settlement they win for you, so it is in their best interest to get you the highest amount possible.
10) If you try to handle your own case, the insurance companies will take advantage of you.
They know that most people are not familiar with the claims process or how much their case is actually worth, so they will lowball them in order to save themselves money.Personal Injury Lawyer El Monte Ca