Glendale DUI Accident Victim Attorneys
Few things are as reckless as getting behind the wheel of a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs or alcohol. Impaired driving can cause great economic and physical harm to unsuspecting victims. This is why it is imperative for victims to hold the drunk or drugged drivers accountable for their actions - not only in the criminal justice system, but in civil court as well.
The State of California has strict laws when it comes to drinking and driving. Anyone who’s found guilty of DUI will face severe penalties, including fines and jail time, but they may also be sued to cover the victim’s costs.
At Aghabegian & Associates, P.C., our Glendale car accident attorneys have the knowledge, experience, and work ethic to protect your rights and help you fight for the compensation you deserve to recover from a serious accident.
California has strict codes and regulations regarding driving under the influence. California Vehicle Code 23152 states:
- It is unlawful for any person who is under the influence of any alcoholic beverage or drug, or under the combined influence of any alcoholic beverage and drug, to drive a vehicle.
- It is unlawful for any person who has 0.08 percent or more, by weight, of alcohol in his or her blood to drive a vehicle.
- It is unlawful for a person who is under the influence of any drug to drive a vehicle.
- It is unlawful for a person who is under the combined influence of any alcoholic beverage and drug to drive a vehicle.
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident that was caused by a drunk driver, you have the right to hold that driver responsible for your injuries and losses.
5 / 5 stars
“I had been in a serious car accident being hit head on by a drunk driver so i went to Aghabegian and associates and they really helped me get through this hard time in my life.”
- Jack T.
Drunk driving accidents can cause many different types of injuries, such as:
- Broken bones;
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Spinal cord injury;
- Paralysis; and
These injuries often require long-term medical care and rehabilitation therapy. They can also keep victims from working, resulting in lost wages which causes bills to pile up. Our law firm is committed to holding drunk drivers responsible for the losses suffered by our clients.
No two accidents are the same. However, there are some more common damages that victims recover from drunk drivers found liable in civil court. Most cases settle before trial, and include compensatory damages such as:
- Medical expenses, for present and future care for injuries that occurred as a result of the accident;
- Loss of income and loss of earning capacity;
- Attorney fees and travel costs;
- Pain and suffering;
- Physical impairment compensation to cover serious injuries; and
- Emotional distress, to cover the psychological trauma following an accident.
Victims may also be eligible for “exemplary” or punitive damages, which are meant to punish the wrongdoer.
After being hit by an impaired driver, you need a veteran car accident attorney to help you move on with your life. Our Glendale DUI accident lawyers can help you protect your rights and work to secure the maximum compensation you are owed. We have successfully recovered $125 million for our clients. Call us at (818) 507-4311 and let our legal team fight for you!
- Prop 213 And Your Accident
- Drunk Driving - NHTSA
- Alcohol-Impaired Driving - GHSA
- Impaired Driving: Get the Facts - CDC
Fill out the form below to request your free consultation to discuss your options.
No Upfront Fees
Contact us today for a free consultation. We offer our services on a contingency fee basis-if we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
Call (818) 507-4311 to learn more.