Glendale Bike Accident Attorneys
A 2018 study conducted by Your Local Security found that Los Angeles ranked as the number one most dangerous city for bicyclists. The study took into account numerous factors, including:
- Total number of commuters who cycled to work
- Number of cyclist fatalities
- Other variables
Due to the relative lack of bike lanes and general driver carelessness throughout Los Angeles County, far too many cyclists are injured or killed every year.
At Aghabegian & Associates, PC, we have been representing injured individuals and their families since 1998. Our Glendale bicycle accident attorneys are dedicated to tirelessly pursuing justice on behalf of catastrophically injured cyclists and their loved ones. Since 1998, we have successfully secured $125 million on behalf of our clients.
Contact us online or by phone at (818) 507-4311 to learn more about how our team can fight for the fair recovery you are owed. Your initial consultation is completely free.
By practicing due diligence and following safe driving techniques, most bicycle accidents can easily be avoided. However, because of negligent drivers, there are several common causes of bicycle accidents, including:
- Speeding, especially during sharp turns or lane changes, can cause violent accidents with cyclists
- Distracted driving, such as texting, making a call, or eating, can keep a driver from noticing a cyclist
- DUI/DWI is a major cause of accidents as the drivers are severely limited in their reaction times
- Dooring, or the act of striking a cyclist when opening a door
- Left-turn accidents wherein a driver enters a bicycle lane to make a left turn without checking to see if the lane is free of bikers
- Failure to follow traffic signs and signals can cause sudden collisions with cyclists
- Dangerous road conditions, such as potholes, debris, or sharp curves, can cause a vehicle to strike a cyclist
- Side swiping a cyclist when changing lanes can result in catastrophic injuries
Whatever the cause of the biking accident, cyclists are more likely to suffer near-fatal injuries than drivers. These accidents can incur high medical costs and long recovery times for the victim's injuries.
Sadly, cyclists tend to sustain far more serious injuries than the driver and passengers of the vehicles that hit them. Even when wearing suitable safety gear, such as bicycle helmets, cyclists are relatively unprotected when they are struck by large, heavy vehicles. In many cases, the resulting injuries are catastrophic, requiring extensive medical treatment and years of recovery.
Many injured cyclists will never make a complete recovery and many will not be able to return to work for weeks, months, or even years. This can leave victims and their families struggling to come up with a plan to deal with the financial consequences of such an accident.
While a personal injury lawsuit won’t undo the suffering you have been through, it can ease the unanticipated financial costs associated with the accident by helping you recover compensation for:
- Immediate emergency medical treatment
- Ongoing care, including physical rehabilitation therapy
- Pain management programs and medications
- Medical equipment (such as wheelchairs or ramps for your home)
- Lost wages/income from time taken off work
- Temporary or permanent reduced/lost earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of life quality/decreased life quality
At Aghabegian & Associates, PC, we make it our mission to hold negligent automobile drivers and other liable parties accountable. Our Glendale bicycle accident lawyers are prepared to fight for the full, fair recovery you are owed. There is no case too tough or too complex for our team to handle, and we offer all our services on a contingency fee basis, meaning there is no upfront cost for you and you only pay if and when we secure compensation on your behalf.
Call (818) 507-4311 to request a free consultation today.
Recent Bike Accident Case Results
- $950,000 Settlement - Bike Accident
See more results here.
- Bicycle Safety - CDC
- Bicycle Safety - NHTSA
- Bicycle-Related Injuries - American Academy of Family Physicians