Personal Injury Archives - Aghabegian & Associates, PC Blog
One of insurance adjusters’ favorite ways to devalue or deny personal injury claims is to state that your injuries were caused by a preexisting condition. They may argue that you were injured at work or while playing a sport, or that your injuries are due to age. Their goal is to convince you to accept a small settlement or to avoid fighting back altogether, but this is a mistake.
Nothing is more terrifying than watching your child suffer, especially when it involves a violent dog attack. Children are particularly exposed during these attacks and can suffer lifelong injuries. If your child was bitten by a dog in California, then there are certain steps you should take to heal your child and protect your legal right to compensation.
No one can doubt the massive changes brought on by COVID-19. The pandemic has completely overturned many people’s lives and added new pressures to an already struggling economy. As personal injury attorneys, we were not immune to these changes, but along the way we learned new ways to help our clients — and the pandemic has only reaffirmed our duty to serve those injured in serious accidents.
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is one of the most devastating injuries an individual can deal with. Damage to the brain not only requires immediate, and often expensive, medical treatment, but also carries the potential of a lifelong disability. While your immediate concern may be to cover the costs of your emergency room bills and surgery, it is always important to plan for the future. Oftentimes this means developing a life-care plan, which accident victims are allowed to include in a personal injury claim if someone else caused their TBI.
Roughly 90% of personal injury claims are settled out of court between a plaintiff’s lawyer and an insurance company. But what about the remaining 10%? What if the defendant’s insurance company refuses to pay a claim or will not offer proper compensation for the plaintiff’s injuries? Well, in California, so long as the plaintiff is still within the statute of limitations, then he or she can file a lawsuit in civil court for damages.
One of the biggest questions we at Aghabegian & Associates, PC, get when speaking to injured clients is “How much will your services cost?” and we fully understand if you have the same question. After a serious accident, you are likely worried about paying your medical bills and getting back to work. You may even be tempted to accept a lowball settlement offer from the at-fault insurance company.
In a personal injury case, the victim who suffers injuries directly suffers the most significant impact on his quality of life – but he is not the only one affected. These injuries often have a direct, terrible impact on the victim’s loved ones, especially on the husband or wife.
Soft tissue injuries have a reputation for being easy to heal from. Because the mild forms often don’t require surgeries or casts, many assume that getting over a soft tissue injury is just a matter of waiting a few days and maybe spending a little extra time resting in bed. But the truth of the matter is that soft tissue injuries can take months, or even years, to recover from and may leave you with lasting damage.
Dogs are, undeniably, man’s best friend. The amount of love, affection, and happiness they can bring to you and your family is boundless. But what happens if they abuse that friendship and bite you or another person? With almost 90 million dogs owned as pets in the US alone, the unfortunate truth is that dog bites are very common – especially in children aged five to nine. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that roughly 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs annually and that California is the top state for dog bite injuries in the US, almost double the number when compared to every other state.
Fill out the form below to request your free consultation to discuss your options.
No Upfront Fees
Contact us today for a free consultation. We offer our services on a contingency fee basis-if we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
Call (818) 507-4311 to learn more.