skip to content
Home Personal Injury Burn Injuries

Glendale Burn Injury Lawyers

Back to Top

Legal Representation for Victims of Burn Injuries

Burn victims suffer severe pain and often require years of agonizing surgeries to attempt to restore damaged areas of the body. The loss of wages combined with the inability to earn a living, is only one of the unimaginable challenges that a victim of severe burns might face.

Insurance adjusters and those who represent the negligent party will attempt to pay out as little as possible. Having a Glendale personal injury attorney on your side is critical to filing a successful burn injury claim or lawsuit. Our legal team does not want you to be victimized by an insurance company that wants to pay you less than you deserve after a serious burn injury. We want our clients to recover compensation at a level that allows them to have the finest medical treatment available, and the financial support to maintain the best quality of life possible under the circumstances.

Back to Top

Causes of Burns

Burns that result from an act of negligence or recklessness by another give you the right to pursue compensation. Serious, disfiguring burns may be caused by:

Back to Top

What is My Case Worth?

While each case is unique, the damages pursued in a burn injury case can include:

  • Pain and suffering;
  • Mental anguish;
  • Current medical costs;
  • Long term medical costs;
  • Lost wages;
  • Reduced earning capacity;
  • Household expenses; and
  • Rehabilitation.

Back to Top

How Long Do I Have to File a Claim?

The statute of limitations on personal injury claims in California varies slightly depending on the scenario:

  • Typical burn injury: The standard statute of limitations on a personal injury claim in California is two years.
  • Burns caused by a government employee: The statute of limitations for filing a claim against an individual employed by the government Is 180 days (6 months).
  • Burns suffered by a minor: A minor has the right to file a personal injury claim for two years after his or her 18th birthday. For example, if a 15-year-old child was burned, he or she would have until his or her 20th birthday to file the claim.

Extensions are possible in cases where it is established that the victim was physically or mentally incapable of filing a claim within the time limits set by statute.

Back to Top

Types of Burns

There are three primary classifications of injuries. They are rated in according to severity:

  • First-degree burns: These burns only affect the outer layer of skin and have no lasting effects on the body. An example of a first-degree burn is a sunburn, which is typically treated at home with over-the-counter remedies as needed.
  • Second-degree burns: These burns affect the top two layers of skin and result in blistering, glossy redness, and minor destruction of the skin tissue. Second-degree burns often require medical attention, and should be examined by a doctor to ensure proper treatment and to avoid infection.
  • Third-degree burns: Third-degree burns destroy skin tissue entirely. These are the most serious burns, resulting in permanent scars, long-term medical problems, and physical impairment if the skin, muscle, and bone tissue are severely damaged. In some cases, amputation of the damaged body part may be required to protect the life of the victim.

Back to Top

Why Do I Need a Lawyer in a Burn Injury Case?

After suffering serious burns, it may be challenging to consider the legal problems associated with your case. Over time, memories fade, and vital evidence can be lost or destroyed, so it’s important to retain legal counsel as early as possible after an accident. With the help of a skilled Glendale burn injury lawyer, you can focus on your health and recovery while the legal team handles the pursuit of compensation.

Unfortunately, insurance companies want to give you the lowest payout and without an attorney you may fall victim to this practice. You deserve to recover the maximum in damages. Attorneys will consult with medical experts, financial experts, and others when evaluating your case, leaving nothing to chance.

Back to Top

Why Choose Aghabegian & Associates, PC

At Aghabegian & Associates, PC, we have the resources, the drive, and the tenacity to help you pursue the compensation that you deserve. We have devoted our lives to protecting the people that make up our community to ensure that they get what they need to put their lives back together after suffering a severe burn. Call us today at (818) 507-4311 for a free consultation.

Back to Top

Additional Information

Free Consultation

Fill out the form below to request your free consultation to discuss your options.

No Upfront Fees


Contact us today for a free consultation. We offer our services on a contingency fee basis-if we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
Call (818) 507-4311 to learn more.