Glendale Internal Organ Injury Attorneys
Your body has over 75 internal organs, each of which performs vital tasks to keep your body healthy and functioning. Internal organ injuries can result in a reduced quality of life, long-term health issues, or loss of life. Some internal organ injuries can heal over time, but in many cases, health cannot be restored. In any case, even with top medical care, the condition leads to serious impairments, a shorter lifespan, and disabilities.
If you suffer from internal organ damage due to the negligence of another party, you likely deserve significant compensation to cover your damages, both economic (medical bills, lost wages, lost earning capacity and more.) and non-economic (pain, suffering, loss of quality of life, and more).
While there are internal organ injuries that can occur, some of the most common and dangerous internal organ injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): Sudden impact to your head can cause bruising to your brain, causing memory loss, confusion and disorientation, headaches, dizziness, blurry vision, nausea, and vomiting. Severe TBIs can cause permanent, often fatal, brain damage.
- Kidney injuries: Your kidneys filter the blood throughout your body to remove wastes and extra fluid. Kidney injuries can not only cause severe pain and affect all other body systems.
- Spleen injuries: Your spleen is a crucial part of your immune system, filtering your blood to recycle red and white blood cells to maintain proper levels and fight infections. However, an injury to this vital organ is excruciatingly painful, and any rupture or tear of the spleen can lead to rapid and fatal internal bleeding.
- Liver injuries: Your liver filters out drugs and toxins while storing vital nutrients and performing countless other functions. Liver injuries can be extremely painful but could heal with time unless torn or ruptured.
- Lung Injuries: Punctured or bruised lungs can cause breathing problems and have severe complications that can lead to death. Lung injuries require immediate medical attention.
- Abdominal injuries: Abdominal injuries include injuries to several different internal organs, including the stomach, intestines, bladder, diaphragm, and others. One or more abdominal organs can be damaged in a single injury, and injuries to these organs can easily result in severe internal bleeding or a fatal infection if not rapidly treated.
After an impact to the body, it is vital that you undergo a full medical evaluation to check for internal organ damage. Left untreated, these types of injuries can lead to long-term suffering or death.
Internal organ damage occurs in several types of accidents, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Adverse reactions to medication
- Construction site accidents
- Medical malpractice, including overmedication, or surgical errors
- Contact sports
- Electrical shock
- A lack of oxygen for an extended period can cause organ cells to die, leading to long-term physical problems or death.
Many internal organ injuries occur in vehicle accidents caused by negligent driving conduct. If you or a loved one has suffered organ damage in an accident, it is critical that you connect with a personal injury attorney at once. The earlier your lawyer gets involved, the better, as all supporting evidence must be obtained and preserved. Our legal team at Aghabegian & Associates, PC, has over 40 years of combined experience aggressively pursuing the maximum in compensation. We are dedicated, knowledgeable, and take our responsibility to our clients very seriously.
While each case is unique, internal organ injuries are often severe and result in life-changing consequences, including hospitalization, the inability to work and earn a living, or living with serious impairments. Determining the maximum compensation for your case will involve both a detailed analysis of the accident that caused the injury, as well as a full evaluation of your health, current and future, by medical experts. Our clients with internal organ injuries often receive compensation for:
- Immediate and future medical costs, including hospital costs, surgeries, and transplants
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity and change of career
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Wrongful death compensation (if you’ve lost a loved one)
Our experienced and knowledgeable Los Angeles personal injury attorneys at Aghabegian & Associates, PC, have what it takes to understand the intricate nuances of your case. Our personal injury cases are all represented on a contingency fee-basis – you owe no legal fees unless we recover compensation for you. Many cases are settled out of court, but we will take your case to trial if that is what it takes to help you recover fair compensation for damages. Contact us today at (818) 507-4311 to schedule a free consultation.
- Traumatic Brain Injury - MedlinePlus
- Liver Injury - Merck Manual
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute