Glendale Laceration Injury Attorneys
Laceration injuries are some of the most common injuries people suffer from in day to day life. Although some lacerations can be classified as minor, large, deep cuts can be life-threatening and result in severe damage and disfigurement to the person injured. Lacerations can be traumatic and often require emergency care. In addition to the pain of the injury itself; laceration injuries can have a high risk of infection and nerve damage.There are many situations that cause laceration injuries that are a direct result of someone's negligence, and you may be entitled to compensation for such an injury. At Aghabegian & Associates, PC, we are a professional and experienced team of personal injury attorneys that can discuss your options and rights associated with your laceration injury. Call us at (818) 507-4311 and find out how we can help you.
- Laceration: this term is often used to describe an injury which causes a jagged or torn wound.
- Cut: this term can be used to describe lacerations that are caused by a sharp tool that can be deep and smooth.
- Gash: this term is used when referring to a laceration which is deep and long.
- Avulsion: this term is used to describe a laceration that results in a wound where the skin is torn away from the body in addition to being separated.
Lacerations can be caused by tools, glass, razors, knives, and any other sharp object. Lacerations usually involve blunt force trauma to your body with an object causing the injury. Common situations that may result in laceration injuries:
- Workplace incidents
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Slip & falls
- Pedestrian related incidents
- Dog attacks
- Machinery incidents
Oftentimes, individuals who suffer such traumatic laceration injuries are rightly focused on their healing and recovery and may not immediately realize their injury was a direct result of someone's negligence. However, the first step of filing a personal injury claim, and receiving the compensation you need and deserve, is figuring out who is liable for your injuries. These are just a few examples of incidents that may have arisen as a result of an individual or company's negligence.
- In cases involving workplace incidents, your employer may be liable for your injuries.
- Motor vehicle collisions caused by drivers that impact another vehicle, pedestrians, or bicyclists can give rise to liability of the driver.
- Incidents caused by machines when being used according to instructions can result in the manufacturers of that product being held liable for your injuries.
- Injuries sustained from bites or attacks from an animal can give rise to liability against the animal's owner.
We understand the extent of lacerations and the lifelong complications that can arise from such a traumatic injury. Lacerations can cause severe damage that requires extensive treatment including emergency department visits, surgeries to repair the damage, recovery, therapy, and rehabilitation in addition to emotional pain and disruption of your life as a result of such an injury. These injuries can have enormous financial impacts on you and your family with mounting medical costs, the interference with your ability to work, and the burden on the family that must care for you.
At Aghabegian & Associates, PC, we are a team of personal injury attorneys with over 40 years of combined experience. We are committed to fighting for the fair compensation that our clients deserve, as a result of the negligence of others causing these traumatic and life-changing laceration injuries. We understand that these laceration injuries cause not only physical harm but can be financially and emotionally draining on you and your family. Contact us at (818) 507-4311 to schedule your free and confidential consultation to discuss your case.