Glendale Amusement Park Accident Attorneys
Amusement parks in California provide fun for families all year round, and Southern California is proud to boast some of the top-rated amusement parks in the world with Disneyland, Universal Studios, Six Flags, Knott’s Berry Farm, Sea World, and more. Unfortunately, however, the unspoken “dark side” of amusement parks is that these parks are the location of serious accidents, affecting men, women, and children. While some injuries may be the result of reckless behavior by a park visitor, many injuries are the result of faulty equipment, ride operator negligence, and other safety violations by park management.
If you or a loved one were injured at an amusement park due to no fault of your own, you are likely eligible to file a claim or civil lawsuit to recover compensation for both economic and non-economic damages.
One of the main attractions of amusement parks is the “thrill” of roller coasters and other fast-paced rides and activities; however, negligence routinely causes injuries on roller coasters and other attractions due to:
- Lack of proper maintenance of the rides, resulting in mechanical failures and defective operation;
- Broken or dangerous parts and equipment;
- Slippery or uneven walking surfaces that cause visitors to slip and fall;
- Improper or inadequate supervision;
- Lack of training of the ride operators;
- Inadequate warnings and precautions for children and adults with medical trouble; and
- Machine parts with manufacturer defects.
While fatal injuries at amusement parks are rare, non-fatal but severe injuries are surprisingly common with approximately 30,000 amusement park injuries happening each year. Common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Head and neck injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spine injuries
- Nerve damage, sometimes resulting in paralysis
- Soft tissue injuries
- Contusions and lacerations
Amusement parks are required to carry sizable insurance policies for situations in which their negligence causes an accident, but they work hard to negate and reduce claims by arguing that it’s the fault of the attendee. However, those insurance policies exist for a reason: negligence and mistakes DO happen, and attendees are the victim. We often see one of the following at fault:
- The ride operator, in cases where they make a mistake or aren’t diligent in their duties.
- The park management, in cases where insufficient training, poor hiring, unsafe conditions exist at the park, or a lack of ride maintenance caused the accident.
- Third-party manufacturers, in cases where a mechanical malfunction occurs at no fault of the park owner.
Determining and proving liability is the backbone of your claim and a possible lawsuit, and this is best done with a qualified Los Angeles personal injury attorney by your side.
When an accident occurs, you must take note of your surroundings and take photos of the conditions that caused the accident. If you are physically unable to do so, then ask a friend to help, as photographic or written statements regarding the unsafe conditions can be vital evidence for your claim. Getting the contact information of witnesses is also important, as their testimony, photos, and video footage can help during settlement meetings or a trial. Medical records are a further crucial piece of evidence, as they can demonstrate the acute damage caused by the accident and show that the injury wasn’t a pre-existing condition.
Once you’ve contracted a lawyer, we will further investigate, look into the attendants who were on duty, gather additional evidence to support your claim, and do the legwork to win your case.
Determining the maximum compensation you and your family deserve is based on a comprehensive review of the economic and non-economic injuries that you’ve suffered. Our clients often receive compensation for:
- Medical costs (both immediate and long-term)
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity (if the victim is an adult)
- Wrongful death compensation (for the family of an individual who suffered a fatal accident)
At Aghabegian & Associates, PC, our team of veteran attorneys is here to represent victims of tragic death cases and injured people who have sustained severe injuries. We have over 40 years of combined experience and have recovered over $125 million in compensation for our clients. We are trial lawyers, and our reputation precedes us with insurance companies who know better than to lowball our clients as we have no problem taking your case to court if needed. Our cases are taken on a contingency fee basis, and we guarantee you won’t owe any legal fees unless we win your case through settlement or jury verdict, and we offer a free consultation. Call us today at (818) 507-4311.
Fill out the form below to request your free consultation to discuss your options.
No Upfront Fees
Contact us today for a free consultation. We offer our services on a contingency fee basis-if we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
Call (818) 507-4311 to learn more.