Glendale Event and Festival Accident Lawyers
When you want to let your hair down and have a night out, sometimes there’s nothing better than a good concert, festival, or outdoor event. Unfortunately, these events always come with a degree of risk. Attendees can get drunk and rowdy, use drugs, or engage in risky behavior that leads to an injury. The good news is that victims who’ve suffered injuries at events and festivals may have legal recourse in the form of insurance claims and civil lawsuits with the property owner, activity producer, or other parties.
A fun night at a concert can quickly turn into a nightmare when faced with a severe injury. You may end up paying for more than just your ticket. The lawyers at Aghabegian & Associates, PC believe that no one should end up stuck under a pile of medical debt because someone else was negligent with their duties. If you have been injured while attending a festival or event due to someone’s negligence, then contact us today and find out how we can help.
When you’re at an event, festival or concert, there are several common risks that you need to be aware of and be alert to, including:
- Crowding: Between the crush of crowds rushing to or from a venue, there is a significant risk of being trampled if you should fall.
- Drug and alcohol abuse: Many concerts and festivals are known for the fact that attendees consume large amounts of alcohol and use both legal and illegal drugs. Common side effects of drugs and alcohol include excessive rowdiness, uncontrolled behavior, or aggressive conduct.
- Slip & fall: The owner of the venue has a responsibility toward attendees to provide reasonably safe walking surfaces, but neglected properties may have walking hazards that can cause you to slip or trip and injure yourself.
- Car accidents: With thousands of people arriving and departing from big events, car accidents are common – especially collisions with pedestrians. Driving services like Uber and Lyft tend to be very popular at events, and those collisions can add another element of complexity.
- Crowd surfing: At concerts particularly, crowd surfing is a popular activity – but it can go wrong and result in an innocent concertgoer being crushed and injured.
While most injuries sustained during events and festivals are no worse than a broken toe, severe injuries have occurred more than you might think. Some of the common injuries from events and festivals include:
- Broken bones
- Neck and spine injuries
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Dehydration and overheating
When injuries occur at events and festivals, determining liability can be a complex process that’s best handled with an experienced Glendale personal injury attorney at your side. There are several parties that may be liable, depending on the facts in the case:
The property owner: In cases where the venue itself created the risk, and the risk should have been known and addressed by the owner, that party can be held liable in a premises liability lawsuit.
The event organizer: Event organizers are responsible for reasonably predicting the risks and implementing safety measures needed to ensure the safety of attendees. These safety measures include security staff, supervisors, proper stage railings, and many others. Even in cases where rowdy attendees get into a fight, an organizer may be held liable if it can be shown that insufficient security personnel were at the scene to break up the fight and keep everyone safe.
A third party: In cases like auto accidents, fights, and others, other parties may also be held liable for your injuries.
You deserve compensation sufficient enough to cover all economic and non-economic losses you’ve sustained, the value of which can sometimes be challenging to compute. At Aghabegian & Associates, PC, we work closely with you and medical specialists to determine both the short-term and long-term impact on your life when valuing a claim. This compensation usually includes:
- Medical bills;
- Physical therapy and any long-term recovery;
- Pain and suffering;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of a job; and
- Wrongful death compensation (in cases where a loved one suffered fatal injuries).
At Aghabegian & Associates, PC, our veteran trial attorneys go to bat for victims who’ve suffered severe and traumatic injuries at events and festivals. We understand that you may have been drinking or using recreational drugs, and we don’t judge or treat you differently for it – everyone deserves respect and compassion, especially after suffering an injury. We have recovered over $125 million in compensation for our clients and have the experience in and out of the courtroom to prevent insurance companies and other parties from taking advantage of our clients. Our cases are represented on a contingency basis, so you owe no legal fees unless we win, and we offer a free initial consultation – so call us today at (818) 507-4311.